It’s taken a while, but consumers now are – if not embracing – accepting the fact that they will need to pay a subscription for a valuable online magazine or media publication: Deloitte Global predicts that half of all adults in developed countries will have two online-only media subscriptions by the end of this year, doubling to four in just two more years. (As for actual numbers, Deloitte believes 350 million subscribers will enjoy a total of 580 million subscriptions this year alone.)
More good news? Deloitte also says 20 percent of all adults in developed countries have five online subscriptions now, and the international consulting firm expects that number to double to 10 by the end of 2020.
(Important note: Deloitte says this is in addition to subscriptions for streaming media, pay TV, online newspaper subscriptions, etc.)
What does this mean for magazine publishers (both online as well as off)? You’re going to need subscription management software that handles all of your subscriptions and distribution, keeps track your customers’ subscription history, tracks sales, helps you get and keep new customers, and more.
And – yes, a blatant plug here – the subscription management software you need is MagHub.
- We are completely cloud based: there’s no need for you to worry about hiring techs to keep it running; we take care of that for you.
- We are integrated with MailChimp and Constant Contact.
- We have a built-in mail merge system. It’s powered by Mandrill.
- We also have custom integrations with Microsoft, MailChimp, Adobe, and MediaRadar, among others.
- Contact results can be added to mailing lists automatically.
- We offer desktop view not only on desktops, but also on tablets. We also offer mobile applications for Android and iOS.
- Need to import custom company/contact data? Doing so costs you a flat rate of $750. Or, if you use one of our other data importers (we have 25), importing is free.
- We can create custom features specifically and only for your company or publication.
- We offer on-site training, as well as monthly webinars, all the support documents you could wish for, and many other resources in our help center.
And, of course, there’s more.
In addition, we’re constantly improving and updating our CRM. We have recently launched MagHub 7.1.
- An upgraded dock that follows you from page to page. Allowing you to send Slack messages to channels, customized dashboards, and direct emails from the system.
- What’s even cooler than the direct emails that are sent from the system? You can track whether your contact opened that email, or if it bounced in the process of sending it to them.
- Plus we’ve added other client requested features, because as you know, MagHub is built based on the requests of our clients.
Finally, it’s very easy to move your subscription management to MagHub, as evidenced by this review by independent software review site Capterra, which said:
“MagHub is the only magazine CRM and media publishing tool that any publisher needs to run a successful business.”
Starting at just $60/month per user, we hope we’ve convinced you to check out our MagHub ERP, CRM, distribution and subscription software for magazine publishers. Contact us today for more information.